Encryption safeguards the personal security of billions of people and the national security of countries around the world.
The Global Encryption Coalition (GEC) was founded in 2020 by the Center for Democracy & Technology, Global Partners Digital and the Internet Society and now has over 200 members.
Its mission is to promote and defend encryption in key countries and multilateral fora where it is under threat. The GEC also supports efforts by companies to offer encrypted services to their users.
What did people and organizations tell us on their choice to use and implement strong encryption?
Join the Coalition
- Access informed policy debates on encryption around the world
- Support from a wide range of tech organizations and cybersecurity experts for your advocacy
- Amplify your advocacy messages through the global GEC member community
Become a Friend of the Coalition
- Show your support for the GEC’s mission
- Access toolkits to bolster your encryption advocacy efforts
- Receive the GEC monthly newsletter