ISOC Armenia Chapter organized Global Encryption Day workshop with the following agenda:
– Encryption: Securing Digital Communication and Privacy – Igor Mkrtumyan, ISOC Armenia President
– Encryption in business – Areg Shmavonyan, InfoTec Сybersecurity LLC
– Encryption in cloud networks – Sergey Abrahamyan, PhD, professor, American University of Armenia.
A discussion on encryption challenges in Armenia took place, accompanied by the following recommendations:
1. Keep the global encryption map updated at gp-digital.org/world-map-of-encryption.
2. In the event that government requirement for obtaining encryption keys becomes unavoidable, mandate that responsible government personnel hold certifications in cybersecurity and encryption.