Strong encryption is the standard that is keeping billions of people safe every day. We need to push back against government efforts to undermine it.
On Global Encryption Day, we need you to join our efforts to defend strong encryption. End-to-end encryption protects all of us – that’s why we all need to protect it.
See how people around the world are advocating to save strong encryption on Global Encryption Day 2022.
Encryption safeguards the personal security of billions of people and the national security of countries around the world.
The Global Encryption Coalition (GEC) was founded in 2020 by the Center for Democracy & Technology, Global Partners Digital and the Internet Society and now has over 300 members.
Its mission is to promote and defend encryption in key countries and multilateral fora where it is under threat. The GEC also supports efforts by companies to offer encrypted services to their users.
Every day, we face encryption threats around the world. Find out what we do to mitigate them.
What did people and organizations tell us on their choice to use and implement strong encryption?
Join the Coalition
- Access informed policy debates on encryption around the world
- Support from a wide range of tech organizations and cybersecurity experts for your advocacy
- Amplify your advocacy messages through the global GEC member community
Become a Friend of the Coalition
- Show your support for the GEC’s mission
- Access toolkits to bolster your encryption advocacy efforts
- Receive the GEC monthly newsletter