Strong encryption is the standard that is keeping billions of people safe every day. We need to push back against government efforts to undermine it.
On 21 October 2023, be a part of an annual day of action, when civil society organizations, businesses, technologists, and millions of Internet users across the world come together to promote, protect and defend strong encryption.
See how people around the world are advocating to save strong encryption.
Encryption safeguards the personal security of billions of people and the national security of countries around the world.
The Global Encryption Coalition (GEC) was founded in 2020 by the Center for Democracy & Technology, Global Partners Digital and the Internet Society and now has over 350 members.
Its mission is to promote and defend encryption in key countries and multilateral fora where it is under threat. The GEC also supports efforts by companies to offer encrypted services to their users.
Every day, we promote and protect encryption all over the world. Find out how we take action:
What did people and organizations tell us on their choice to use and implement strong encryption?
Join the Coalition
- Access informed policy debates on encryption around the world
- Support from a wide range of tech organizations and cybersecurity experts for your advocacy
- Amplify your advocacy messages through the global GEC member community
Become a Friend of the Coalition
- Show your support for the GEC’s mission
- Access toolkits to bolster your encryption advocacy efforts
- Receive the GEC monthly newsletter